Updated: Jun 29
The pistachio and matcha recipe can support several aspects of health, including hormone health and digestive health, among other potential benefits. Here's are a few different areas of health that may benefit from this recipe:
1. Hormone health
2. Digestive health
3. Antioxidant support
4. Nutrient profile
Please keep in mind that while these aspects are associated with the ingredients used in the recipe, individual responses may vary. It's important to maintain a balanced and varied diet and consult with a healthcare professional for personalized advice regarding your specific health concerns.
· 1/2 cup raw or salted and roasted pistachios
· 1 cup unsweetened full fat milk or full fat plant-based milk (like full fat milk without too much water content to prevent ice formation)
· 1 cup canned full-fat coconut milk.
· 1/4 cup condensed coconut milk
· 1 tablespoon matcha powder (mine is @FromTheReserve)
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· Pinch of salt
1. Crush the pistachios by placing them in a sealable plastic bag and using a rolling pin or another heavy kitchen tool to roughly chop them. Set it aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine the plant-based milk, canned full-fat coconut milk, condensed coconut milk, matcha powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Blend until well combined and smooth. In my video I use a whisk to save time.
3. Transfer the mixture to the bowl of your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions for churning. This typically involves running the machine for about 20-30 minutes, or until the mixture thickens and reaches a soft-serve consistency.
4. Add the number of crushed pistachios to the churning mixture during the last few minutes of churning. They will mix evenly into the ice cream. Reserve remaining pistachios for toppings.
5. Transfer the ice cream to a freezer-safe container, preferably one with a lid. Smooth the surface with a spoon or spatula, cover the container, and place it in the freezer.
6. Allow the ice cream to freeze for at least 4-6 hours, or until firm.
7. When ready to serve, remove the ice cream from the freezer and let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes to soften slightly. Scoop into bowls or cones and enjoy your plant-based pistachio and matcha ice cream., drizzle with date syrup and enjoy!
Using an ice cream maker will give you the best results, ensuring a creamy and smooth texture. Enjoy!