Updated: Oct 9
One of the aspects I cherish about October is the abundance of pumpkins on display at the grocery store. The rich orange hue, the lively presence, and the well-known health advantages of pumpkins captivate me. Pumpkins offer an array of nutrients and health benefits. Not only does this delightful pumpkin loaf boast delectable flavors, but it also provides a substantial dose of dietary fiber. Thanks to the inclusion of nutritious ingredients like liva date sugar, syrup, and flaxseed, each teaspoon carries a generous 5 grams of fiber. Incorporating fiber into your dessert, snack, or breakfast is a fantastic way to promote digestive health throughout the day and maintain steady blood sugar levels. In addition, pumpkins are rich in essential nutrients like vitamin A, vitamin C, potassium, and beta-carotene, supporting immune function, eye health, and overall well-being. I invite you to savor this recipe, but be forewarned—it's truly irresistible.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup LIVA date sugar
- ¼ cup LIVA date syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat and Prepare: Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a 9x5-inch nonstick loaf pan and set aside.
2. Dry Ingredients: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the all-purpose flour, ground flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Mix well and set aside.
3. Wet Ingredients: In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the date sugar, melted butter date syrup, eggs, pumpkin puree, water, and vanilla extract until smooth and well combined.
4. Combine Wet and Dry Ingredients: Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring just until combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
6. Pour into Pan: Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
7. Bake: Bake in the preheated oven for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean or with a few crumbs.
8. Cool and Serve: Allow the pumpkin loaf to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely before slicing. Enjoy when warm or at room temperature.
Cream Cheese Glaze
- 250 grams cream cheese, softened
- 1 cups LIVA powdered date sugar
-2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup date syrup (start with 2 tablespoons: taste and adjust as needed)
- 3-4 tablespoons milk (adjust for desired consistency)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Prepare the Glaze: In a medium bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth and creamy.
2. Add Sugar and Vanilla: Add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the cream cheese. Beat until well combined and smooth.
3. Adjust Consistency: Slowly add the milk, one tablespoon at a time, while mixing, until you achieve a smooth and pourable glaze consistency. Adjust the amount of milk to reach your desired thickness.
4.Mix Until Smooth: Continue to mix until the glaze is smooth and creamy.
5. Drizzle Over the Loaf: Once the pumpkin loaf has completely cooled, drizzle the cream cheese glaze over the top of the loaf.
6. Let Set: Allow the glaze to set for a few minutes before slicing and serving.