Let's harness the power of a simple yet delightful snack ball to infuse some cozy spices and create a granola that supports your ovulation phase. While it's important to note that this recipe isn't a magical solution for inducing ovulation, it does offer essential nutrients that can help support a healthy ovulation phase, especially if you find seed cycling beneficial for your hormone balance. Packed with key vitamins and minerals, this recipe is perfect to prepare, store, and enjoy during your break at work or school. It's a versatile addition to your smoothies, parfaits, or breakfast anytime from the first day of your period until ovulation. Not only does it benefit female hormones, but the zinc, vitamin E, and essential fatty acids (EFAs) are also excellent for male hormone balance. In particular, pumpkin seeds are a standout seed for promoting healthy male hormone levels. So, go ahead and savor these wholesome balls of goodness!
This follicular phase granola recipe includes almonds for vitamin E, pumpkin seeds for zinc, chia seeds for omega-3 fatty acids, and spices like cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger that can help support hormone balance and reduce inflammation during the follicular phase of the menstrual cycle.
Follicular Phase Cardamom Date Granola
2 cups rolled oats
1/2 cup chopped almonds (rich in vitamin E)
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (source of zinc)
2 tablespoons chia seeds (omega-3 fatty acids)
1 teaspoon fresh ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
7 tablespoons of LIVA date syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven to 325°F (165°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine oats, chopped almonds, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, cardamom, cinnamon, ginger, and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together melted coconut oil, date syrup, and vanilla extract.
4. Pour the wet mixture over the dry ingredients and mix well until everything is evenly coated.
5. Spread the granola mixture in an even layer on the prepared baking sheet.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes, stirring halfway through, or until the granola is golden brown and crisp.
7. Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely on the baking sheet. It will continue to crisp up as it cools.
8. Once cooled, break the granola into clusters.
Feel free to use this granola as a topping for yogurts, parfaits, smoothie bowls, or enjoy it as a nutritious snack on its own.