Indulge in the velvety coconut delight fused with delectable caramel notes. Not only does this recipe offer a healthier twist on traditional caramel or condensed milk, but it also features an upgrade to its nutritional value. I opted for @livafoods date syrup, which preserves the fiber and nutrients found in whole date fruit. It's the perfect choice for those seeking an #organic, #vegan, and #glutenfree option.
1 can (400ml) full-fat coconut milk
1/4 cup LIVA FOODS date syrup
1. In a small saucepan, combine the coconut milk and date syrup.
2. Place the saucepan over medium heat and bring the mixture to a simmer, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer gently for about 30-40 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened and reduced by about half. Stir occasionally to prevent sticking or burning.
4. Remove the saucepan from heat and let the condensed coconut milk cool completely.
5. Once cooled, transfer the condensed coconut milk to a lidded container or jar for storage.
This condensed coconut milk can be used as a caramel sauce. Save this recipe and use it in your warm or cold beverages, ice creams desserts and more!